Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Experimenting with Raw Foods

I've been on a raw food kick for a while now and have enjoyed experimenting with different recipes. The good news is that it is quite simple to prepare raw foods (no cooking involved!) and my family seems to really enjoy the new things they are eating.

There are many benefits to eating raw:
  • you have more energy
  • you naturally eat more fruits and vegetables
  • when food is cooked the live, valuable enzymes are destroyed
  • people who eat all raw claim to never get sick
  • many more others you should research!

Currently, our goal is to eat one raw meal a day, and one day a week completely raw. I've been eating up everything I can find by raw foodie Ani Phyo. She has a great "uncook" book out called: Ani's Raw Food Kitchen

She also has a website: Aniphyo.com

Below I have two recipes of some delicious, easy treats from Ani's book and website. Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. very impressive Mrs. G!! Love you! April is next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenni!! I like your blog. Those recipes look delicious - keep them coming and we'll try them out!

    ReplyDelete